Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Apple Chips
- 3 large organic sweet potatoes
- 2 bags bare Cinnamon or Fuji & Reds Apple Chips
- 3 tbsp organic coconut butter
- Organic coconut or almond milk, 3/4 cup (optional)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and line a cookie sheet with tin foil.
- Scrub sweet potatoes under running water and dry well with a paper towel. Poke the potatoes all over with fork, then put them onto the cookie sheet and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Flip the potatoes after 30 minutes, and bake for another 20-30 minutes until tender.
- When potatoes are cooled down a bit, peel off the skin, and cut potatoes into some large size chunks to make mashing a bit easier. (You can leave the skin on if you would prefer!)
- Transfer the sweet potatoes to a bowl and mash thoroughly with a potato masher. Add coconut or almond milk, coconut butter, and salt, and stir well.
- Mix in one bag of apple chips, and stir until combined.
- Sprinkle with apple chips, and serve warm! Enjoy!
**You can also boil the sweet potatoes by cutting them into 1 1/2 inch chunks and placing them into a pot with cold water. Add a pinch of salt, and then cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, lower heat and simmer for about 10-14 minutes until they are fork-tender. Drain, and place back into the pot. Add the coconut or almond milk, coconut butter, and salt, and stir well until creamy and combined. Top with apple chips.